The Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) is located in Ward 1 and is part of the DC Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Expansion Program (ASTEP).
Things to remember for your first visit to the Latin American Youth Center:
- Treatment is strictly confidential.
- Bring your proof of DC residency ID.
- All youth providers accept Medicaid and some accept private insurance. However, insurance is not necessary to seek help,
- You must be under the age of 21 to seek help from an ASTEP Treatment Center.
What should I expect during my first appointment?
- In the first appointment, the youth client will have a conversation with a counselor about why he/she is seeking treatment and what services the client may need.*
- Once the program, which best suits the youth client needs is determined, the counselor will assist the youth in choosing the specific program he/she would like to attend.
*The LAYC provides counseling services in Spanish.